Friday, July 17, 2009

Promise

[承諾]
Sung by: All.
Composed by: Koma Wong (from Beyond)
Written by: Andy Lau (Mandarin lyrics)



多少人 多少幸福被抢夺
How many people has have their happiness robbed...
多少生活在一瞬间被埋没
how many lives have been extinguished just like that
一切變沉默
everything turned silent
淚光在眼眶閃爍
and tears shine at the edge of the eyes
塵埃沾滿了失落 的輪廓 (情願是我)
The dust that covered all the lost traces (wishing it's me instead)
不必說
There's no need for words.
你們背後還有我
I will always be here
未來就是崎嶇也會陪你過
no matter how hard the future is
一個你 一個我
There's you, and I
扛起不需要脆弱
There's no need to be weak when we're together
前面越走一定會 越寬闊 (你還有我)
..because the road ahead will only get better (because you still have me)
* 誰都會有恐懼面對黑暗的角落
Everyone will be scared to face the darkness
為了你我再苦也不躲
For you, I wouldn't hide no matter how hard it is
我要你重獲 原來的生活
I want you to regain, your normal life
認定了這一輩子的承諾
That will be my promise to you for life.
縱然山搖地破 也要安然渡過 有你有我
Even if tragedies happen again, we will go through it. You, and I.
Haha.. suddenly felt like translating this.
I love the last three lines. Love it even better when it's in Mandarin.
Awesome lyrics.
*This song was written for the earthquake victims from China.

No comments: